Monday, July 6, 2009

Some random things, in no particular order

We moved. Still in Columbia, just a different duplex with more space in a better neighborhood. We still have piles of stuff all over the house. I like that we have more space, a fenced backyard with a huge tree (shade!) that Riddick LOVES to play in, an eat-in kitchen, space for a craft area for me downstairs, and more cabinet space. What I do not like is the set-up of the upstairs living room, the fact that our queen box springs do not fit downstairs where the master bedroom is, having to get rid of ants, and not having a dishwasher. The landlord says he will put in a dishwasher in a couple months, so here’s to hoping. It is too late now to change, and we are NOT moving again until I graduate and we buy a house. Then we will pay movers to move it.

Riddick is speaking in 4, 5, and 6 word sentences. Yay for language development! There are still a lot of pronunciation issues and words we do not recognize, but he is getting more and more clear everyday.

Trinity is almost crawling and pulling herself up on things. She can get around by doing her little butt-scoot, rolling, and moving backwards. She also slept for 7 hours straight Friday and Saturday nights, but not last night.

I recently finished another cloth diaper, and I think I like it better than previous “prototypes”. My friend Katy and I are going to make one together, complete with pictures so we can blog about it.

I do not like the taste of plain cream cheese, but I think the prices for flavored cream cheeses are ridiculous. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before, but I bought some plain cream cheese (store brand, super cheap) and mixed it with some sugar and vanilla…and I had cheesecake-flavored cream cheese. Which is wonderful for breakfast on graham crackers and bagels with a great cup of coffee.

I am still working on Trinity’s baby blanket. I had two pink squares done, only to realize I knitted them one row short. I have yet to decide what to do with these squares. I think I should have enough yarn to replace them with correctly knitted squares, but I won’t know until I get done with the other pink squares. I think I can give her the blanket as a graduation gift…

Wayne loves the new place and likes to grill outside now that we have a little privacy. He grilled 4 out of 7 nights this past week, and he is a grill MASTER.

Kelsey, my sister, is coming to visit soon!

Wayne and I are going to start the P90X workout this month. It may be a slow, painful death for me, but I will try my best.

My brother is going to Korea. For the third time. Potentially with his wife and child, but we won't know for sure for a couple months.

Things I have recently discovered:

Ants do not like cinnamon. I read this on the internet and decided to try it yesterday morning. They refuse to cross any cinnamon barrier. We tried Terro recently, but I am too impatient to wait for it to work, so I killed all the ants in the kitchen yesterday and did the cinnamon thing, and it worked marvelously.

Riddick only likes fireworks if he can play with a flashlight at the same time.

Trinity likes fireworks, but jumps every time she hears a loud one.

It only takes 2.5 beers for me to be “lit” and only 4 for me to forget where I took off my wedding band. This is also known as being a "lightweight" or a "cheap date".

1 comment:

  1. just because you are drunk doesnt mean you get to be unmarried!haha

    lets make diapers. We are also moving, but it will take forever so we shouldnt postpone our diapermaking blogging event.

    ReplyDelete