Thursday, May 7, 2009

Too much stuff

So yeah, I am not so great about keeping up with this blog. My life is literally a whirlwind of activities, only a few of which get accomplished, and blogging is a pretty low priority. Here is a list of things I am trying to get done:

1. reading a massive amount of material before I have to present a couple of papers tomorrow to my advisor and a collaborator so we can talk about a thesis project. I was the last to find out about this meeting, but I guess that is what happens when you are low on the totem pole.

2. making cloth diapers for Trinity. I have a prototype completed, but cannot get the others made because I cannot get any sewing done without my husband taking care of the kids.

3. blanket for Trinity that I started knitting 9 months ago.

4. knitted hat for my brother that was supposed to be a Christmas present, and now is looking like it will be a Christmas present this year.

5. knitted hat for my sister that matches the scarf I made for her, also was supposed to be for Christmas.

6. making baby food for Trinity. She REALLY likes sweet potatoes.

7. starting a container garden. I think I’ll start with tomatoes and green beans this year to keep it simple.

8. making butter.

9. data collection for the current research project I am doing.

10. blogging about all these things, complete with photos.

11. keeping up with household stuff.

I have mentioned in a previous blog that mornings are pretty much only good for a couple things—keeping kids entertained and maybe doing a load of laundry…blogging if I get lucky. Afternoons are spent in the lab or reading stuff pertaining to research. So that leaves evenings, which involve very little of the things listed above. Maybe I will try to incorporate a day into my week where I try to do something that gets me closer to completing the projects listed above. That means sacrificing a research day, though, and I don’t know if I can afford to do that at this point.

Not being able to get these things done sometimes stresses me out. It stresses me out because some of the items will save us some money if I can only get them done.

In other news, Riddick is no longer fighting with me to wear underwear and is going pee in the potty by himself regularly. And he has to inform me every time that he has to go pee. And he also has to inform me that he needs to turn on the light, when he has finished going pee, that he needs to flush, and needs to wash his hands. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes exasperating. However, he still refuses to poop in the potty. Completely exasperating. Trinity no longer hates being on the floor on her belly and is trying to get up on all fours. She still only rolls from her back to front in one direction, but she is almost sitting up by herself. She is also easily distracted, and we have lots of distracting things to look at and examine, especially when she is nursing. I love the feeling of warm breastmilk dripping down my side while she squirms around to look at her brother. And when I say love, I really mean hate. But like anything else, this too shall pass.

So as soon as humanly possible, I will post about my recent experience with making homemade yogurt (hint: it went great!), which will be in a few days, at best. We have the baby dedication and a wedding this weekend, so maybe early next week.

***Update 9:45AM***
Riddick did it! He went poop in the potty by himself while I was laying down in bed with Trinity trying to get her to sleep. He didn't say anything, he just went in the bathroom, sat down, pooped, and then yelled to me that he pooped.
I wonder what else will suddenly happen if I blog about it...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Riddick!

    I think your to-do list is do-able.

    ReplyDelete